Thursday 29 March 2012

Birdhouse Makeover with paint

Hi all, what glorious weather we've had this week, is it really still March?  Perfect for tackling my long overdue projects involving sanding and paint.  So outside I went armed with a ton of newspaper, some paint and fine grade sanding blocks, oh and plenty of cups of tea.

Crazy patterned bird house purchased from my local charity shop for a pound.  Been stuck in my cupboard for like an age.


First coat of pale grey, already looks better.


Finished with coat of white to the roof and then waxed.

I loved doing this little birdhouse and plan to hang it from my garden shed for the summer.  I've never really used wax before but love it.  So much easier to use than varnish and gives a real lustre to your items. It really didn't take long at all and has spurred me on to tackle more projects around the home.  

Be sure to check back for more makeover reveals.  

Lolo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx