Saturday 12 November 2011

Card, Fabric and Pink Petticoat

It's been ages since I sat in my craft room and made something which was mostly down to the fact that I couldn't move in there.  But, last week I had a mahoosive tidy up and now I have space to create!  So today I made this card  for my wonderful niece who only went and bagged herself a cool PR job in the west end!  We are all so very very proud of her.
I took one of my white card blanks and used a polka dot stamp all over it in brown ink.  The green gingham check is fabric from an Anna Griffin Charm pack as is the strip of black and white floral print.  I folded some thick twill tape, which I love using and then stitched the three layers together on my machine.  On top of that I stitched a length of vintage seam binding ribbon.  For the bunting I stamped the images onto the twill tape and then cut them out.  They were then stuck using glue dots onto some narrow rik rak ribbon.
For the sentiment I got to use my recently purchased Querty image from Pink Petticoat.  This digi image is so useful and has the perfect spot to put your own sentiment in which I love.  It's printed on photo paper and then I added some colour and twinkle using two colours of Sakura Glitter Pens.

I've also made her a fabric covered notebook which I'll show in another post.

Thanks for popping by.
Lolo xx

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for popping by my blog and for your lovely comment! So now I have found your blog, which I'm really pleased about! I love the card you made for your niece - she's sure to treasure it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the way you mix fabrics, paper and stamps together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is inspired. Well done to your niece! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd have been absolutely over the moon with this beautiful card - it's just lovely!! Especially love the typewriter! :-)

    Thank you so much for popping by my blog and your lovely comment - I'm always excited to hear from new bloggy folks and I'm enjoying reading your blog very much! You've gained a follower :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx