Sunday 3 April 2011

Mother's Day Card

This week I got the chance to play with some new dies for my Sizzix Big Shot die cutting machine.  I've been wanting some of the Bigz dies for a while as these cut up to 5 layers of fabric at a time.  One of the dies I ordered was Tim Holtz's sewing collection, it has a mannequin, cotton reel and button and I used this one to make a mother's day card.
 I'm in love with this die already.  It cut through the fabric really well and I also cut some old beer mats with it, two buttons and one of the reels.  My prop is a well used wooden step ladder which I received from a kind Freecyler, just look at all that lovely splattered paint, very shabby chic.
The Kraft card is by Stampin Up and this was run through my Xcut paper crimper, another new fave toy in my craft world, I'm crimping everything in site at the moment.  It also reminds me of my hairstyle in the 80s, crimped hair was all the rage then, scary I know!

My sister I and spent a lovely afternoon with my mum.  She loved her pressie which was the new Babyliss Big Hair Hot air brush, the one that spins.  We all had a go and have to say first impressions of it are rather good.  Think she may have to hide it from her two daughters.

Happy Mothers' Day to all you mummies out there and hope you are having a fab day.  xx

3 comments:

  1. The card looks fab, Lolo! I'm scared of those machines but am always in awe when I see what they can do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card darling , I just bought it but not had a chance to play yet , thanks for the inspiration
    hope you are well

    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB card Karen, what a super die, made for you!
    mandi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to read everyone's comments and always try to respond to them. xx